Ready to Go Home?

    


    As we begin our second-to-last week of the OSAP program, the town of Oxford has become familiar and our home-base. When I travel to other towns throughout England, I feel as though I have arrived home as I fall on my bed in Oxford. Walking the streets of Oxford has become a familiarity. I can navigate between the streets to my destination without the use of Google Maps. This city's beauty captivates me with every step. However, in two short weeks, some of us will be moving on to other adventures and others will be returning to the states. This is becoming a more prevalent thought as some of our roommates begin to move out. 

    There is a sense of urgency to fit in everything left that I dream to do while here in Oxford. Thus far, I have experienced the University of Cambridge (yes, the "other place"), Buckingham's Palace, the London Tube, The Globe, St. Paul's Cathedral, Magdalen College, the writers' walk, New College, the Roman Baths, Royal Crescent, Shakespeare's Birthplace, Stonehenge, and so much more than can fit in this post. I still desire to revisit London, explore more of the beautiful University of Oxford libraries, run through Port Meadow, and enjoy the English countryside as I travel to Glasgow via a train. 

    It is important to be excited for the future but also enjoy the present. 

- Amber Wilson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Quiet Moments

From Romans to Bridgerton: The True Bath Experience

Tutorials!