Trip In A Time Machine



Sitting in the audience at the Globe Theater watching Shakespeare's plays before you is nearly like being in a time machine. Knowing you're in a place where history was made, surrounded by the ambiance of something legendary. You can't help but wonder what Shakespeare would have thought about a modern-day staging of his play A Midsummer Night's Dream. I think Shakespeare would have enjoyed platform boots and glitter. 





Leaving the theater, I was enraptured by the London skyline–the clouds dripping with rain, the architecture a perfectly blended mix of modern and historic. It welcomes a sense of realization, that you're somewhere that matters, has a past, and is building a future. 






As the time machine dragged me on, I came to Buckingham Palace. I couldn't help but wonder what conversations had taken place in the building with the golden gates. Some of the most critical world events, tragedies, beginnings, and endings (even some conspiracies). I think it's essential to take a minute in places like these to really soak it in. Watching people on tours fly by the gates, taking a brief look at the buildings then on to the next adventure. We are lucky to see something before us that many only catch a glance at through screens and trip brochures. 

I'm happy to take my time in the time machine. 

-Aubrie Dickson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Quiet Moments

From Romans to Bridgerton: The True Bath Experience

Dancing with Mr. Darcy